ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Remove network bug? ProRes 422 footage blue and scaled

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard DeeRemove network bug? ProRes 422 footage blue and scaled
by on May 1, 2012 at 6:49:59 pm

Forgive me if this has been covered - I did search first.

I need to remove a non transparent network bug from animated tracking shots where I used the whole shot, so there are no frames previous to paint in at the head of the shot.

Any suggestion or tutorials for doing this?

Also when I bring in ProRes 422 HD footage to AE 5.5 it seems to be blue and scaled. Can this be due to having Avid installed on an OSX FCP 7 system with quicktime 7.6.6?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Remove network bug? ProRes 422 footage blue and scaled
by on May 1, 2012 at 7:01:33 pm

You're asking if it's possible to reinvent video information that's no longer available. Without seeing a screen shot, it's tough to say if it can even be done at all.

From personal experience I can tell you that unless you have the original clean footage, you face a tough uphill battle. Your best bet would be to cover it with another kind of graphic.

If you upgraded your operating system recently without doing a clean install, I would say that's the cause of your second problem.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Hannes ReisingerRe: Remove network bug? ProRes 422 footage blue and scaled
by on May 3, 2012 at 9:56:23 am

For the problem with blueish footage: I sometimes have similar problems when imnporting and exporting files from Canon DSLRs; in my case, there were problems with the interpretation (alpha channel). Did you check the footage interpretation?

Return to posts index

Richard DeeRe: Remove network bug? ProRes 422 footage blue and scaled
by on May 4, 2012 at 9:16:28 pm

Thanks for the responses. I did check the interpretation but there were no options. It also only saw part of the frame.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]