ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Adding a "boiling black wall" to an either wide or very wide shot - Set Extension?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andreas WaltherAdding a "boiling black wall" to an either wide or very wide shot - Set Extension?
by on Apr 30, 2012 at 9:18:55 am

Currently I am working on a sort of experimental short, which to really work needs just one special effect for the pivotal scene. Unfortunately, I have no real experience with After Effects so far, and although I am feverishly digesting tutorial I'm still somewhat at a loss. As I said the short revolves around one pivotal scene, also the final scene: a woman, probably on a bridge (but I would presume the location to not be of importance in this case), slowly walking toward what appears to be a wall of boiling black water (the short would be shot in b/w so the color doesn't really matter). This "wall" is supposed to be filling her field of vision, but since we are shooting her in profile, on screen, only a small part of it would actually have to be visible. Here a very rough sketch (I'm not an artist ;-) of the structure of the scene:
The issues which present themselves to me are thus twofold:
1. Animating a boiling blackness
2. Inserting it into the described scene
Can anyone help me with this, or point me in the right direction?

Sorry for this probably somewhat ridiculous question but it is really important to me and I would appreciate any suggestions or help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved