ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can't see the affect of effects on Proxies

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
viking jonssonCan't see the affect of effects on Proxies
by on Apr 30, 2012 at 8:21:40 am

Hello,

I've been using after effects for about 3 years now, I love the software!
Now I started to test every function that I haven't tested yet and I try to learn all After Effects capabilities.

I can't really grip the proxy-files function, obviously it is a really nice function.
But when I make proxies and add effects and make changes to the proxies I can't se what's happening until I shut the proxy off. Why is that? Should it work like that or is it just me doing something wrong?

Is there some way I can work with proxies and see changes live?

Thank You

Regards
Viking

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Can't see the affect of effects on Proxies
by on Apr 30, 2012 at 1:50:51 pm

[viking jonsson] "But when I make proxies and add effects and make changes to the proxies I can't se what's happening until I shut the proxy off. Why is that? Should it work like that or is it just me doing something wrong?"

That's as-designed. The purpose of using a proxy is to improve performance by reading a file from disk instead of rendering every frame.

[viking jonsson] "Is there some way I can work with proxies and see changes live?"

Not really.

You could pre-comp the proxy and apply effects to the precomp, but of course that would only work for effects downstream of the proxy itself. If you want to make changes upstream of the proxy, you'll have to turn off proxies and re-render.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]