ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CS5 How can I create an ellipse-shaped anim w/ transparency outside the ellipse?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
charlton rom
CS5 How can I create an ellipse-shaped anim w/ transparency outside the ellipse?
on Apr 29, 2012 at 2:34:21 am

I want to create a banner anim for a website, the animation needs to be ellipse-shaped, then the F4v (that's my current plan) will sit high up on the webpage. The effect therefore is an elliptical shaped animation on the page background, like looking through an ellipse shaped window or porthole. But I don't know how to get what's outside the ellipse to be deleted or transparent, since the composition is rectangular (570x82). It's easy in Photoshop, just invert the selection and delete, but how do I "delete" what's outside the ellipse, so my composition has an elliptical nature and look?

Houston TX

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: CS5 How can I create an ellipse-shaped anim w/ transparency outside the ellipse?
on Apr 29, 2012 at 2:37:39 pm

Lots of ways in AE - the easiest, if you had a single layer OR if you nested your multi-layered composition into another composition, is to use AE's Mask Tool.

Mouse down on the Mask Tool and select the Ellipse Tool. Then draw the required shape.

The following isn't meant as a put down but please post beginner questions in the COW's AE Basics Forum.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]