ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects to Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah AbramsonAfter Effects to Final Cut Pro
by on Apr 26, 2012 at 4:59:41 am

Hi guys,

I've used Automatic Duck to import my FCP project as an XML into After Effects. I'd now like to move it back into FCP - does anyone know if this is possible? When I try to save the AE project as an XML it gives me .aepx file that FCP can't read.

Thoughts?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects to Final Cut Pro
by on Apr 26, 2012 at 2:47:56 pm

You're doing everything right. Sadly, you can't to a round trip like you can with Motion. You'll need to render your AE project.

If you followed proper FCP procedure, and you have AE on the same machine as FCP, you can render to ProRes 422, or to ProRes 4444 if you need an alpha channel. ProRes is an excellent FCP editing codec and holds up superbly on a re-render.

Now, if you used some off-the-wall codec like H.264 for editing in FCP you have more fundamental problems... and I'd still render to ProRes.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Sarah AbramsonRe: After Effects to Final Cut Pro
by on Apr 26, 2012 at 11:01:26 pm

Thanks Dave.

I normally export from FCP to Apple Pro Res but there seems to be no option in my AE for Pro Res. I can render to Quicktime but the file is then huge. Any other thoughts? Is there maybe a plugin I can download so that I can render to Pro Res?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects to Final Cut Pro
by on Apr 27, 2012 at 2:22:05 pm

You must be pretty new to this video-making stuff.

Quicktime is a media container, and it can hold various kinds of media files encoded in various standardized ways; they're called codecs.

Once you pick Quicktime movie for rendering, go look under Format Options and see what's there.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]