ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Trapcode Human Transition

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh BrineTrapcode Human Transition
by on Apr 26, 2012 at 12:08:29 am

Ok, im having a spot of trouble finding a decent effect for a supernatural transition of a character.

i currently have

1, clean plate
2, roto of character
3, Particular effect, with ROto layer as Layer Emitter

I have 4 seconds to make this person 'appear' in shot.

that means that the 4seconds of footage needs to be a reversed dispersal, so the particles need to go inwards. but i cant just reverse the footage because when the transition ends the shot continues ordinarily, but the character will 'jump/skit' and be out of position.

anyway. here are some questions/queries.

1, how do i reverse the effect but still have the character in the right place at the end of that layer?

what i mean by this is that the the talent walks backwards, if i reverse it then when the transition ends the talent will be far forward of where he needs to be when the original layers kick back in.

2, How do i make the character actually form in a realistic way but interesting way?

at the moment, the particles just emit from the characters body. i have messed with them to get some ok effects, but really nothing interesting, and it looks very 2 dimensional. if i use say 1mil particles then i get a rough glowy form for his body. but its not really very good.

could someone please help me?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved