ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Error | One of the Oddest Ones I have seen

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
michael zoppoAfter Effects Error | One of the Oddest Ones I have seen
by on Apr 25, 2012 at 7:01:43 pm

So I'm working on a pretty big animation for work. It does not use to many effects but has a lot of comps and some are pretty large (up to 4000-6000 px for some). I started getting this error JUST as i was making the final tweaks.

The Error : After Effects error: Curves returned invalid max_result_rect from PF_Cmd_SMART_PRE_RENDER

So I searched this in google and did not find much except for the fact that if you place Color Balance HLS before the offending effect in the effect stack order that it will fix the problem. Well it didn't work, and here is the odd part. It says that curves is the one causing the problem, I searched through all of my comps for any curves effects and turned them off but still got the error. I'm almost positive I eliminated every occurrence of the effect curves but I was still getting the error. So then I'm in a composition and I'm messing with a 3D circle that just scales in quickly and it has a drop shadow. When I turn that drop shadow off the problem goes away, but when that specific circle has a drop shadow applied I get the error. But the error is stating that Curves is the issue when it seems like it's just tied to this specific occurrence of the drop shadow effect.

Anyways, I don't know whats going on here but I hope we can eventually find a fix to this issue. For now I guess I will have to do without drop shadow on that specific layer but I'm baffled.

Thanks guys,
Also I'm running this on CS5 iMac, 2.93GHz Intel Core i7 with 8GB of memory.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved