ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Circular polarized output

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch TemkinCircular polarized output
by on Apr 25, 2012 at 5:58:39 pm

Does anybody know the details of creating a 3D animation that will be viewed on a circular polarized system? Can this be done in AE? If so, what are the output settings? Workflow?

Mitch Temkin

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Circular polarized output
by on Apr 25, 2012 at 7:00:13 pm

As far as I know a projection system using circular polarization will have very little to no impact on your workflow. It'd be a standard stereoscopic workflow with the delivery format depending largely on the system that will be used to project the material.

Digital Cinema will likely require that your output is packaged into a DCP which will have restrictions of its own. On the other hand, when my company wanted to produce a stereoscopic presentation we delivered videos in ProRes HQ and stills in JPEG simply because the projectors we were using were being driven by computers that we owned. That gave us control over the spec.

The only area where the mode of projection (circular polarization) may affect your final output might be in "ghost busting" or trying to minimize crosstalk between the left and right eye images. The amount of crosstalk/ghosting in a system can vary a lot.

All in all, you should talk to whoever is receiving your deliverable to determine your output format.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Mitch TemkinRe: Circular polarized output
by on Apr 25, 2012 at 9:54:27 pm

Hi Darby -

Thanks for the reply!

I'm a 3D newbie - this is my first foray into stereoscopic work, although I've used AE for years…

What is this "standard stereoscopic workflow" of which you speak?

thanks, mitch

Mitch Temkin

Return to posts index

Jeff BrownRe: Circular polarized output
by on Apr 25, 2012 at 10:10:08 pm

If you don't know, there is a Stereoscopy forum here on the COW... I'm sure stereo questions are welcome here, but it's another resource.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved