ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Stretched glow on 32 bpc

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tylor Larson
Stretched glow on 32 bpc
on Apr 23, 2012 at 9:17:49 pm

i was just playing around in AE and ran into a serious issue. i made a simple shape layer that is a circle. I then applied a Glow affect and change the BPC to 32 floating. and now the glow is in a oval shape and not circular. Can some one explain to me what is happening with this? attached is and image to explain.

4027_glowissue.jpg.zip

Return to posts index

Tylor Larson
Re: Stretched glow on 32 bpc
on Apr 23, 2012 at 9:34:11 pm

i did figure out how to remove the stretching... if the threshold on the Glow is set to zero you get an oval... but if it is set to 100 then it turns into a circle... i just need some one to explain why this happens...

Ty

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 23, 2012 at 9:34:28 pm

Are you working in a square-pixel comp? If no, that might explain the stretching. But it doesn't explain how the white inner ramp has changed, and for that we need additional details:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/961743

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tylor Larson
on Apr 23, 2012 at 9:41:26 pm

the comp is a square pixel 1920x1080 29.97. the circle is a Shape layer with a white fill... which might explain the white ramp...oh... And the glow is based on the alpha channel... radius is 138 and intensity is 9.6.

TY

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 24, 2012 at 4:33:04 pm

Without good information, it's tough to give good advice. But the most common cause of Weirdness In After Effects is trying to use Open GL acceleration when rendering. Turn it off. Leave it off.

Open GL rendering is so bad that Adobe admitted it just didn't work properly and removed it from the upcoming AE 11 (aka CS 6).

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]