ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Compositing Assets

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Wood
Compositing Assets
on Apr 23, 2012 at 5:56:13 pm

Hi, I was just wondering if there's a place where you can grab free-to-use assets for video compositing.

For example, I want to composite some trees infront of my footage, and I was wondering if there is a site where you can download assets like trees, hanging vines, shrubbery, all with alpha channel enabled.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Compositing Assets
on Apr 23, 2012 at 7:11:03 pm

[Chris Wood] "....I was just wondering if there's a place where you can grab free-to-use assets for video compositing.... like trees, hanging vines, shrubbery, all with alpha channel enabled."

Ooohhh, that's going to be a tall order, especially for free. Usually people make these things on project-by-project basis if they need it.

There are some still-image stock footage places that sell such things, but they're usually limited to flowers, bouquets... stuff like that.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Benjamin Ausmith
on Apr 23, 2012 at 8:34:20 pm

If it's stills you want, http://www.sxc.hu rocks. For video, well, good luck searching.

Benjamin Ausmith
Post-Production Assistant
Monadnock Media, inc.

Return to posts index

Chris Wood
on Apr 23, 2012 at 10:38:28 pm

Yep, it's stills :)

That site looks awesome, thanks.

I also found a free plugin that generates pretty real looking Ivy around 3D objects without any advanced placement or settings. You just click grow and it starts to wrap around your object. Amazing!

Return to posts index

Chris Wood
on Apr 24, 2012 at 12:25:09 pm

Ah... I have to pay for them :(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]