ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

magical transition animation along a specific path

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Marie-Therese Sarkismagical transition animation along a specific path
by on Apr 23, 2012 at 10:12:37 am

I did a street Matte Painting scene in photoshop. I worked on 2 images of the same street, one is destroyed (post apocalyptic style) and one is renewed!

The thing I want to do is a magical transition animation in after effects from the destroyed street to the new street! This effect should start when a character steps into the street, and the transformation starts from the feet and continues as the character is moving forward (the character is shot on a chroma screen, so it is a separate layer) . By this, I mean that for example the texture starts to change from the ground and moves up on the walls in a magical fairy-like effect along with the character.

I have no idea how to create the effect that this street is being renewed and the animation is spreading from the character's feet (while he is walking), and not just an image replacing the other (by a mask). Moreover I would like know how to add this magical fairy-like effect while it is transforming. Hopefully I made myself clear enough. Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved