after being between render times, I think it is better solution and faster going with the AE solution.
- After following this topic: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/19/863440
I realized how difficult ( and long) is getting right the glow trhough the paper in 3D.
- Glow in Cinema has loads of limitations
- Ae has way more options for creating glow.
- I did the lantern in 3d with a normal pass.
- Using the amazing plugin Camera Tracker I put my lantern in 3d.
- I duplicated the cube , using this position I created a light ( using mask and feather and glow effect) and add over the lantern using the right blending mode.
- Because the wood cannot be totally affected by the light, I used a rotobrush on the wood part of the lantern, and I put this layer over the lantern. Making the light wrapped inside.
- For the water, what i am going to use it is the same lantern, by applying distort effect such as same when you creathe ripples for fire and use the right blending mode over the water.I guess i will need again rotobrush and 3d tracking to place perfect the effect.