ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to hear noise in After Effects so I can lip sync and If its possible to Multi cam two compositions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Fodde
How to hear noise in After Effects so I can lip sync and If its possible to Multi cam two compositions
on Apr 21, 2012 at 5:13:54 am

I having a problem with sound because I'm doing like a jib jab effect where you put a picture of someone else head in a video. I'm trying to get them to talk the only problem I can't preview the sound. I tried the Ram preview but it always starts at the beginning of the clip which wastes a lot of time.

Also the way I'm trying to lip sync at the moment is that I'll key frame the mouth to go up and down when the actual person in the clip moves there lips but its hard and waste of time to have to go back and forth between composition. Is it possible to multi cam where one side is the clip and the other is the head.

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
Re: How to hear noise in After Effects so I can lip sync and If its possible to Multi cam two compositions
on Apr 21, 2012 at 1:56:35 pm

Press the period key on the numeric keypad to preview audio only and use the asterisk key on the num pad to create markers on the audio layer at key points.

You can also scrub the audio by holding down the Control key (Windows) or the Command key (Mac) and dragging the Current Time Indicator).

See this: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/rabinowitz_aharon/Workflow_8.php

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
Re: How to hear noise in After Effects so I can lip sync and If its possible to Multi cam two compositions
on Apr 22, 2012 at 12:04:03 am

In your RAM Preview options, check the "from current time" box so playback starts where you are instead of at the beginning of the timeline.

As for the side-by-side workflow, you can place a copy of the pre-comp containing the video footage inside of your animation comp and then open the video pre-comp and lock its comp window (lock icon in the upper left corner). Then click the tab in the upper left corner of the comp window and choose "new comp viewer" to display your animation comp next to the video footage. Then drag the tab for the video comp's timeline to the right side of the animation comp's timeline so they're side-by-side. Since the video comp is inside of the animation comp they will stay synced together when you scrub in the timeline.

HTH

Return to posts index

Christopher Fodde
on Apr 23, 2012 at 11:15:20 pm

Thanks this helps alot!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]