ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Having to keep reloading files!!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blake Smith
Having to keep reloading files!!
on Apr 19, 2012 at 2:01:27 pm

Hey to whoever can who answer this issue,

I am currently working in AE CS5 doing a lot of basic motion graphic projects using illustrator files and such. I have noticed with a lot of my projects lately that I have to reload some files when I reopen the project. When I open the project, some of the layers of a file will be there and some will be not there! Once I right click and hit reload, it comes back! So I'm not really losing any of my stuff, its just an inconvenience for me as everyday I come back to work on the project, I have to reload a butt load of files/layers!

Anyone have a clue to what is the cause and how to resolve this issue?! It's gotten to the point where I just leave AE open over night and don't even close it!

Thanks,

Blake

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Having to keep reloading files!!
on Apr 25, 2012 at 6:15:35 am

Is this just with Illustrator files?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
product manager, professional video software
After Effects team blog
Premiere Pro team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Blake Smith
on Apr 25, 2012 at 7:18:38 am

This has seemed to be only with illustrator files as that is what I am mostly working with... I have worked with some photoshop files and jpegs in the past but cannot recall having the same issue!! Do you have an answer!!

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Apr 26, 2012 at 3:05:45 am

There have been some bugs in interaction with Illustrator and After Effects in CS5 and CS5.5.

You can work around the nastiest of these bugs by making sure that Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously multiprocessing is turned off in After Effects.

Also, make sure that you've installed the latest bug-fix updates: http://adobe.ly/lsrkmJ

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
product manager, professional video software
After Effects team blog
Premiere Pro team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]