ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Creating a Folding/Swinging Banner

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paige StarkCreating a Folding/Swinging Banner
by on Apr 18, 2012 at 10:40:13 pm

Hello!

I'm trying to create a cascading banner that unfolds and swings at the same time.

Here's the example I'm hoping to replicate:

I'm not great at generating expressions, so I manually key framed all the x-rotations. After doing so the unfolding looks fine, but I don't know how to add in the swinging without creating a huge mess!

I also found a great tutorial by Toby Pitman which looks great but is missing the "unfolding" look I'm going for.
http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/after-effects/create-swinging-banner-in-afte...

(also I did try to download the free project file from the example video I posted but had no luck)

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Creating a Folding/Swinging Banner
by on Apr 19, 2012 at 2:24:37 am

Delete

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Paige StarkRe: Creating a Folding/Swinging Banner
by on Apr 19, 2012 at 1:48:38 pm

Delete?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Creating a Folding/Swinging Banner
by on Apr 20, 2012 at 11:53:33 am

Sorry, my original comment was for someone else I should of put "Remove".

There is a effect/plugin you can download from AETuts, if you are a premium member. Membership is 15 bucks a month, so you could get one month and get the plugin. You would probably want to watch the tutorial, it's not the most intuitive interface.

Pendulum Motion Preset

Creating a simple pendulum expression isn't very hard, but I'm not sure how to create it without messing up your current key frames. If you explain on the expressions forum about the linked unfolding + pendulum motion they probably will be able to help design an expression that will suit your needs.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Richard HerdRe: Creating a Folding/Swinging Banner
by on Apr 23, 2014 at 6:13:29 pm

I don't know if you're still looking, but you need to look for the Expression Sampler.

http://library.creativecow.net/devis_andrew/hidden-templates/1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]