ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects: AEGP Plugin Media IO Plugin etc etc

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sissel Marie TonnAfter Effects: AEGP Plugin Media IO Plugin etc etc
by on Apr 16, 2012 at 9:18:16 pm

Hey!
I have a problem... I have to create a video that will go onto 3 screens but which has to be 1 video file. The aspect ratio they are asking for is 5760 x 1080 and they want compression format H.264 and mp4. When I try and render my project in After Effects I get the error message: AEGP Plugin Media IO Plugin: There is a mismatch between output module settings and transcode settings. Please verify your settings and try again. Property Data Invalid! Medial02 error 0x400e0004. Frame dimensions out of bounds (5027 :: 12)

What does this mean?

I am only working with photo shop layers..

Please help!

Return to posts index

Dan FredleyRe: After Effects: AEGP Plugin Media IO Plugin etc etc
by on Apr 18, 2012 at 12:11:45 am

H.264 is only optimized for certain aspect ratios and pixel dimensions. You should output to a more flexible format such as Animation, then try to convert it to H.264 in another program like Quicktime Pro, Adobe Media Encoder, MPEG Streamclip or Apple Compressor.

I had to do a similar aspect ratio for split screens at a conference awhile back. It took a couple of tries, but it finally worked. I think I ended up using Quicktime Pro.

Dan Fredley

Return to posts index

Sissel Marie TonnRe: After Effects: AEGP Plugin Media IO Plugin etc etc
by on Apr 18, 2012 at 2:01:33 am

Hey
Thanks for your answer! I had to call a guy that walked me thru. Ended up doing what you just suggested. I also learned that you need to edit the Data Rate in Quicktime! So all in all an educative experience!

Cheers,
Sissel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]