ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects transition question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenton Harrison
After Effects transition question
on Apr 10, 2012 at 11:59:42 pm

I've got an animation created in After Effects that I would like to end with a circle, surrounded in black, that shrinks to a smaller and smaller point in the lower right portion of the composition, eventually filling the screen with black. Similar to the Looney Toons ending. What's the best way to achieve this?

Return to posts index

Eva Branellec
Re: After Effects transition question
on Apr 11, 2012 at 4:35:29 pm

I would say use a black Solid layer in which you create a circle mask that you animate.

1) Go to Layer Menu and choose New > Solid > Black

2) Select the layer in the composition, and then select the Ellipse tool (left of the Pen Tool, where you see a rectangle)

3) Go to the first frame, where you want the circle big, and clic and drag the Ellipse tool in the view, it'll create a circle, the size you want.

4)Uncollapse the Solid layer, and its Mask layer, and clic on the stopwatch for the Mask Path : that way, you create the first key of animation).

5)Now go to the frame where you want your circle animation to end (full black), and rescale the circle (double clic on circle) until it's just a dot and your screen is completely black. (it automatically creates the new key)

Then, you may just have to shift the positions of the circle (just select it and shift it) or its scales (make sure the Current Time Indicator is on the keyframes).

That should be it! I hope it'll help. :)

Eva

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]