ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Bringing Flash animation content into AE.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael McCartneyBringing Flash animation content into AE.
by on Apr 5, 2012 at 5:21:27 pm

Hello! I'm quite new here, I'm a final year animation student in England working on, well, my final animation. It is being produced in Adobe Flash and then brought into After Effects for final touches, however there are a few things I'm not sure about:

-The format which Flash can be exported into AE (or other composting programs such as Motion). Is it possible to import the animation while retaining a transparent background (similar to a .gif image)? This is so that I can bring my Photoshopped backgrounds into AE rather than Flash.

-Shot blurring (Focus switching between Foreground/Background). There's a couple of scenes in which the shot focuses between the character and the object he is looking at, is there any information on how to use this technique in Flash or AE?

-Finally, when using After effects how can I create the effect that the image has coloured/blurred 3D edging? I'm not sure if this would work with the Flash content, here is an example of the effect I'd like to achieve:

At the minute I am finding it hard to locate the correct tutorials for the questions I have asked, any help will be much appreciated, it will really enhance my animation!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved