ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Keylight in CS5.5 - flashing/strobing ill-effect around edges of keyed subject

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brooke GowerKeylight in CS5.5 - flashing/strobing ill-effect around edges of keyed subject
by on Apr 2, 2012 at 8:20:51 pm

I suspect that it is my source video that is the culprit - however, I am getting a strobing/flashing/jittery edge around my keyed subject. In fact, the subject itself is basically flashing/strobing through the entire keyed image.

The video was shot and recorded on a SP beta tape and pulled into Avid through a beta deck. Avid is having no luck keying this well either.

Does anyone have advice on how to clean this up so the keyed subject stops flashing in AfterEffects CS5.5?

Reshooting is not an option, unfortunately.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Keylight in CS5.5 - flashing/strobing ill-effect around edges of keyed subject
by on Apr 2, 2012 at 8:57:51 pm

Beta SP's no fun to key, especially if it was lit poorly.

But the codec in which it was captured may be doing the footage no favors, either. What's the codec?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Brooke GowerRe: Keylight in CS5.5 - flashing/strobing ill-effect around edges of keyed subject
by on Apr 2, 2012 at 9:24:20 pm

This was shot in a news studio back in September. I don't know the camera settings but I can ask tomorrow.

What codecs spell trouble?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Keylight in CS5.5 - flashing/strobing ill-effect around edges of keyed subject
by on Apr 2, 2012 at 9:32:22 pm

[Brooke Gower] "What codecs spell trouble?"

DV. HDV. Low-quality AVID Codecs. Since it's Beta SP, it was recorded at just one setting: Beta SP. You then CAPTURE the shots in Avid, in any one of a variety of codecs. If you have the original tape, you may just want to have it re-captured... in a good codec. That may be the best thing.

Newsies sometimes know how to capture video for post work, but in my experience they're few & far between.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]