ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Playback error

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick MurphyPlayback error
by on Apr 2, 2012 at 5:37:45 pm

Hi there,

I'm having this problem where I render out a movie and it plays fine on my computer (I've played it in Quicktime and VLC). But when I send the movie to the client they play it back and get this strange pixelation on the movie. They've tried two different machines to play it back.

The output settings from AE are:
1920x1080 resized to 1280x720
H.264 codec (mp4 movie)

I've had success where I've had to import the movie just rendered back into AE and rendered out again (using the same output settings). Then I take that movie and use Handbrake. That seemed to work.

Sidenote: I've had another project to render out and the client had no problems.

- Do you think the project is corrupted somewhere?
- It's a large project, about 2-3 hrs to render, could there be an error there (even tho AE doesn't report any)?
- Something funky happening when sending it over the web...through email or large file sender?

I've attached a screenshot of the pixelation that happens on the client end. Looks like this...

but should look like this:

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Playback error
by on Apr 2, 2012 at 7:50:35 pm

I don't recommend rendering directly to H.264 from AE.

Render to an intermediate format (lossless, or perhaps QuickTime PhotoJPEG at a reasonably high quality level), then use Adobe Media Encoder to compress that intermediate to H.264.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved