ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Underline text

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Dragovits
Underline text
on Mar 30, 2012 at 12:39:41 am

Is AE ever going to provide a simple tool to underline text? I have a medical program I'm working on that has several "greater than or equal to" symbols and to have to create graphic elements and animated them for each time the < or > symbol is used is really turning out to be a pain in the butt. I used a text animation already, so I can't just make all of the text a simple graphic.

Has anyone come up with a simple way to underline text, and why has Adobe refused to add this simple function? Even if they don't feel "underlining" is a good design practice, they should still provide the tool for those of us who need to use it in specific situations.

Return to posts index

Matt Dragovits
Re: Underline text
on Mar 30, 2012 at 1:24:05 am

Disregard my post. For anyone interested though, the best way I've found to do this is to simply create the underlined text in another program and then just copy and paste it into AE. The formatting holds.

Dragzz

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Mar 30, 2012 at 3:15:38 pm

I did not know that, thanks for posting your solution. I agree they should include the underline function in AE and I don't know why they haven't so far.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Mar 30, 2012 at 11:16:00 pm

> I agree they should include the underline function in AE and I don't know why they haven't so far.

Because very few people have asked for it.

You can submit feature requests here:
http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

(more on feedback for After Effects: http://adobe.ly/93d6NF )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
product manager, professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Benjamin Ausmith
on Mar 30, 2012 at 6:02:12 pm

You just want to make a ≥? Press option and period/comma.

Benjamin Ausmith
Post-Production Assistant
Monadnock Media, inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]