ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Make a video vibrate using rotation, not x/y position?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny MulenMake a video vibrate using rotation, not x/y position?
by on Mar 26, 2012 at 10:49:55 pm

Example at 0:14:

I want to recreate this in Premiere or AE, how is this done? Please dont recommend changing the x/y position with wiggler, I'm not trying to recreate camera shake, I'm trying to recreate a vibration like a speaker cone or the wings on a bird/fly in motion. It should spin on the center fast and then slow down to a stop.

Return to posts index

Daniel PiñerosRe: Make a video vibrate using rotation, not x/y position?
by on Mar 26, 2012 at 11:40:17 pm

You can do it in a lot of ways but I will tell you the two ways I would do it:

1.A Convert the video into a 3d layer (clicking in the cube next to the name).
B.1 Create something called and expression, dont be scared of it, its tricky but once you understand id it becomes easy. An expression is a way to control the animation by using programming.
B.2 Click on the arrow that expands the layer settings. Click on the small arrow next to Transform.
B.3 You will change the Z axis, that is the one that creates the rotation effect. Normally you would animate it to the right, key frame it, then to the left, key frame it and so on, but that is a loong process, so here is where expressions come. To add an expression, press ALT while clicking on the watch next to the Z axis. A text box will appear.
B.4 Inside the text box you should type the expression. In this case you want something called a "Wiggle Effect". So type this as follows: wiggle(3,5). Thats it! It meant that it will wiggle 5 pixels, 3 times per second. So change those two numbers based on your taste.
C. Add a blur effect to create a more realistic effect. I recommend motion blur. (you can click on the second box to the left of the cube, that will create a blur effect on the layer automatically)

2. A. Create a camera.
B. do steps b1, b2, b3, b4 and c on the camera rotation Z. This create the effect but this time the camera will move, not the layer. (Much better in case you have more objects on the scene and you want them to wiggle as well)

Let meknow if you need any help. please.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved