ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Time Remapping TOTALLY Messed Up

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zak StoltzTime Remapping TOTALLY Messed Up
by on Mar 25, 2012 at 9:35:59 pm

I just received a project file from someone, and there's one comp that has a lot of time remapping done on it.

I had to relink all the media since we're working from separate drives with all the same footage. Everything reconnects fine, but that one comp is totally messed up. The time remapping seems to bounce around all over the place. For instance, if I set a keyframe at frame 1 and frame 3 and then try to move the frame 3 keyframe even one frame in any direction, it will "cut" to an entirely different part of the clip.

Does anyone have any experience with something like this or have an inkling of what might be causing it?

Other things to note: The original clip (before being precomposed) has time remapping on it. This shouldn't be the problem though because it was working just fine on the other person's system, and I was able to time remap it myself BEFORE sending it over to him in the first place.

Thank you!!!

Return to posts index

Zak StoltzRe: Time Remapping TOTALLY Messed Up
by on Mar 25, 2012 at 10:11:07 pm

Well, I figured it out. Turns out the problem was that I had Foundry's Camera Tracker applied to the original clip. It wasn't actually being used for anything. It was just there.

Something must have gotten screwed up when the other guy who was working on it sent it back to me because he doesn't have Camera Tracker installed on his system!

Strange how these things work sometimes. It's an unlikely scenario, but hopefully this helps at least one other person experiencing a similar problem sometime in the future.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Time Remapping TOTALLY Messed Up
by on Mar 28, 2012 at 2:16:31 pm

Thanks for sharing Zak.

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved