ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Any clues as to how to create this effect (video clip attached)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benj RocheAny clues as to how to create this effect (video clip attached)
by on Mar 23, 2012 at 9:32:57 pm

Hey a friend of mine shot some camera phone video and his phone recorded something strange. The video is full of artifacts but the end result is kind of cool.

I was going to try to create this effect in AE to apply to some other video clips

here is a sample of the source clip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2522200/digitalcomp.mp4

I have just started to play around, and I am trying fractal noise to create a blocky noise texture....any other ideas would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: Any clues as to how to create this effect (video clip attached)
by on Mar 26, 2012 at 12:53:15 am

I think the first thing I would try would be to just render it out with really low quality compression settings, like set the quality to 1 and just make it as bad as you can. That would probably add more realistic blockiness and color distortion. You could even import the rendered video and render it out again with bad compression to further degrade it.

If you want to try to recreate it with effects you could try the mosaic effect, colorama and maybe minimax and just mess around with the settings until you get something you like. To break up the mosaic effect so it only appears in places you can duplicate your video layer, set the bottom copy's track matte to "luma matte" and then apply mosaic to the top copy.

There are also some presets and plug-ins out there that create a "TV Noise" or "Bad Video" effect, just search google and you'll probably find something useful.

HTH

Return to posts index

Anthony MarzilliRe: Any clues as to how to create this effect (video clip attached)
by on Mar 27, 2012 at 5:57:04 pm

Check out Data Moshing

Return to posts index

Benj RocheRe: Any clues as to how to create this effect (video clip attached)
by on Mar 28, 2012 at 12:59:29 am

Wow that's pretty much exactly it. Thanks for the link

Return to posts index

Anthony MarzilliRe: Any clues as to how to create this effect (video clip attached)
by on Mar 28, 2012 at 1:39:25 am

Your Welcome. Im pretty sure I found that while clicking around here a little while ago.... so just paying it forward from one great COW member to the next.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]