ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

joining the army to be a video professional

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Nguyen
joining the army to be a video professional
on Mar 23, 2012 at 4:57:12 am

I'm a senior in high school and is planning to join the army so they can help me pay for school to be a video professional. They do have a media and public relation branch so hopefully I made it in there. The reason I am doing this is for security. I'm scare of not finding a job. Is there anyone from here that work for the military and can they give me some info?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: joining the army to be a video professional
on Mar 23, 2012 at 8:45:24 am

If you can give me your mail I'll send you some inside info.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Victor Nguyen
on Mar 23, 2012 at 9:06:53 am

black_ninja_is_victor@yahoo.com

Return to posts index

Jeff Brown
on Mar 23, 2012 at 2:03:42 pm

Victor,
I grew up with parents in the US Air Force, and have friends currently serving in difference branches. Which is to say, I don't want to bad-mouth the military, BUT: Do NOT believe anything you hear from a recruiter. They have quotas, and are sometimes like used-car salesmen in their tactics.

Just my opinion,
Jeff

Return to posts index

Sam Swire
on Mar 30, 2012 at 8:28:59 am

Please remove your email address for your own sake, you never know who picks it up to spam you.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camin
on Mar 23, 2012 at 3:11:10 pm

Why don't you just go to a community college? Or join the National Guard or Air Guard--I know the Air Guard is only 9 months of basic and then one weekend a month or something, and I think you get some type of GI bill out of it.

Anyways, great if you are joining the military, but sort of weird to me to do it just for that reason. To me it would be nice to hear 'serve my country' or 'protect my country', a higher value that is driving you. Because if you get killed in action because you want to learn After Effects its sort of not worth it.

Best regards,

Kevin Camin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]