ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Radial Blur

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allen joaquinRadial Blur
by on Mar 20, 2012 at 8:46:33 pm

Hi, i've been lately messing up again a bit with Vegas and After effects and this time i came across something really bothering in vegas the radial blur effect in vegas u can choose the "Proportional mode" wich gives a sort of blur in the edges leaving the center unblured and it looks better. But in AE i can't seem to get the same look since what it does it's pushin the whole image forward. (If u understand what i mean)

So i was wondering if there's anyway to recreate that radial blur in After effects.!

Thank you again!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Radial Blur
by on Mar 20, 2012 at 10:01:13 pm

Duplicate the layer, and turn the top one off.
Apply Radial Blur to the bottom layer, get it looking right, and don't worry about the center.
Turn on the top layer and mask it using an elliptical mask.
Double-click on the mask to use the Free Transform tool for positioning and adjusting the mask.
Open the layers mask controls, and add feathering to it.
Adjust the feather, mask shape and size to taste.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Radial Blur
by on Mar 20, 2012 at 10:19:59 pm

cc radial fast blur has a 'centered zoom' type option that sounds like what you are after.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

Allen joaquinRe: Radial Blur
by on Mar 21, 2012 at 3:43:25 pm

@Dave LaRonde Yes i figured that much out as well. i was just wondering if there was any option that din't require to make the mask step.

@Kevin Camp i tryed all the options but noone of em worked like in Sony vegas the mask does so i guess i'll use that for now.

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved