ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Melting layer into another and placing layer within a phone

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly Lawer
Melting layer into another and placing layer within a phone
on Mar 19, 2012 at 9:56:44 pm

Hi,

Just a couple of things I wonder if I could pick someones brain about.

1. I have a coffee cup with 'coffee' written on it. It's an illustrator file. I also have another illustrator file (same cup) with 'bitter' written on it. I want to melt the coffee word into the bitter word. What is the best way to go about this?

2. I have a phone and I would like my current composition to emerge within the phone. Essentially the camera pans out to reveal a character holding a phone with the previous composition within the phone. What's the best way to go about achieving this?

Thanks

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Eva Branellec
Re: Melting layer into another and placing layer within a phone
on Mar 20, 2012 at 6:17:45 pm

Hi Olly,

I don't know if I'll give you the best advice, but here's a suggestion for your question #1 :
If the two cups are the same color, then I think you can simply stack your two layers up and go through the various blending modes. You should find one that melts your two words and keeps the mug color.

If the text is darker than the mug, then try the "Darker color" mode for instance.

As for your question #2, sounds like you'll have to do a tracking of the phone.
Use the Tracker and activate "position", "rotation" and "scale", and set your current composition as the target in "Edit target".
That way, the composition will get the camera move information, and, if done right, will follow the phone's position and scale.

Hope this will help you,

Eva

Return to posts index

Olly Lawer
Re: Melting layer into another and placing layer within a phone
on Mar 24, 2012 at 8:48:57 pm

Thank you! I played around with the distort effects and transitioned the two text layers by increasing the blurring in the end!

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]