ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How to render a "Tiff Stack"

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TImi BooseHow to render a "Tiff Stack"
by on Mar 17, 2012 at 9:43:29 pm

Hi everyone,

I did a Motion Title for a friends proposed tv show and she is asking me to give it to her as a tiff stack.
I see in the options for rendering under Output Module Settings, there is an option for Tiff Sequence. Is that the same thing? Then under Format Options if gives me two choices - LZW and IBM.
Any info on this and what a tiff sequence is for would be greatly appreciated! I know they are going to turn it into 3d also.

File not found - Bad serial number - the problem could be this, that or the other...

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: How to render a "Tiff Stack"
by on Mar 18, 2012 at 1:09:05 am

TIFFs are playable/import-friendly on every decent platform and video app. They are ideal for archival for similar reasons plus having the added benefit of having lossless compression or no compression, depending on your selection when saving the file.

Lots of general info out there on LZW and PC/IBM byte order - for now LZW introduces lossless compression while PC/IBM byte order is uncompressed.

Prior to rendering image sequences (stacks), it is a good idea to set your Output Preferences to delimit the number of files saved to a single folder. This prevents thousands of files held to a single folder, which may slow down the OS. In AE's Preferences (output section Segment Sequences ...), check the appropriate box to delimit the number of files saved to a single folder.

Should your render require more files (images) than the number displayed, then AE's render engine will create additional folders, as and when required, for subsequent groups of images that reach the upper limit specified.

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved