ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can't import ProRes 422 footages into after effects...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alireza Kheirabadi
Can't import ProRes 422 footages into after effects...
on Mar 15, 2012 at 4:43:32 pm

hi everyone,
I have a problem with importing ProRes 422 footages into After Effects... I've been read some articles about this bug, but I've got nothing, i don't know what FCP is! and i'm really confused, I heard that After Effects CS5.5 can import it, but i can't reach this version of software, is there any solution that i could import footages in AE CS5?
sorry for my bad english
thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Can't import ProRes 422 footages into after effects...
on Mar 15, 2012 at 5:27:07 pm

[Alireza Kheirabadi] "I have a problem with importing ProRes 422 footages into After Effects..."

I think this means, "When I import ProRes 422 footage into After Effects, I can't see the video. I only see a blank window."

You need to install the latest version of Quicktime 7. It will let you see the video. However, you won't be able to render to the ProRes 422 codec. Apple reserves that ability for computers running Final Cut Pro 7, which is one of the applications in Final Cut Suite 3.

But don't worry: you can render in Quicktime's PNG codec, or you can render a PNG image sequence. I edit on Final Cut Pro at work and sometimes take shots home for After Effects work on a Windows machine, and that's what I do.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Alireza Kheirabadi
on Mar 17, 2012 at 5:36:46 pm

Dave, thanks for reply, but i simply can't import the footages... and that is the problem!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 19, 2012 at 4:12:29 pm

Please give details on what happens when you try to import the footage. Are there error messages? Does After Effects simply do nothing? Have you used all the different ways to import the footage?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]