ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Illustrator needed for job

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly Lawer
Illustrator needed for job
on Mar 15, 2012 at 1:14:18 pm

Hi

You'll probably tell me i'm posting this in the wrong forum, but I need two things.

1. To know what to tell our existing illustrator of how to design for after effects, so I can edit the various different elements (say a person)

2. A really good illustrator that can produce illustrations like in this example:

What is KashFlow from KashFlow on Vimeo.

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Illustrator needed for job
on Mar 15, 2012 at 1:57:52 pm

If I were asking for objects like the smiling head at 10 seconds my biggest criteria would be that the designer give me layered files with each layer clearly labeled. Hat, Head, Eyes... Then save it as an RGB .ai file. Gives me the ability to import as a comp and have each layer be seperated, and this way you can take advantage of the ability to use continous rasterization on the vector images(no scaling issues)

Too many times I get files that will by CMYK with 100's of elements thrown into one layer, which I have to manually seperate to work with them in AE.

So that's my .02 cents.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Mar 15, 2012 at 2:21:41 pm

There are some more tips in addition to the good ones given by John here:
"Preparing and importing Illustrator files"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Mar 15, 2012 at 5:17:52 pm

I would like to add that if I leave the "use compression" checked (during illustrator save). my illustrations won't appear half the time...

neither reloading nor replacing them seem to help, they will sometimes randomly disappear during render or project reopening. (it doesn't happen with all the files...but it happens a lot, big headache until I discovered the cause)

This information doesn't show at the page Todd linked. Have you heard of this before Todd?

CS5 here.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Mar 15, 2012 at 5:19:25 pm

I'll look into that. I hadn't heard of that issue before. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]