ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Number effect not working with continuos rasterization

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alistair GallopNumber effect not working with continuos rasterization
by on Mar 15, 2012 at 10:45:43 am

Hi,

I have some graphics created in Illustrator combined with a text layer using the numbers effect. All of this is pre-composed and I then have a camera zooming in on the composition.

All of the layers have continuously rasterised turned on and all are working fine apart from the numbers element. With continuously rasterise turned on to the pre-comp - the numbers doesn't adapt to the zoom and with it turned off - it pixelates as you would expect?

Any ideas why it isn't working the same way as the other graphics?

Ali

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Number effect not working with continuos rasterization
by on Mar 15, 2012 at 11:43:11 am

It's not an text effect/vector based effect, so it won't rasterize. You could use a text effect with an expression to count if need be.

To get you started here's an easy one: Create an empty text layer "cntl+shift+alt+t" and add a slider control effect to the layer. twirl down your text controls and "alt + click" the source text stop watch. Now just pick whip to the slider control. Now you can just keyframe the slider control and you have counter.

If you need something more than that, I encourage you to search the expressions forum, there are a lot of counting expressions there.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Alistair GallopRe: Number effect not working with continuos rasterization
by on Mar 15, 2012 at 1:36:26 pm

Thanks John, I will give that a go!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]