ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Need to do 2 effects - is a plugin req'd?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Watts
Need to do 2 effects - is a plugin req'd?
on Mar 12, 2012 at 9:50:09 pm

I've been away from AE for over 9 years so I'm a little out of touch with the latest.
I need to do two effects and need to know if I need to buy some plugins to do this or perhaps they may be built in to AE.

Effect 1. the Boinx Spread 3D should do the job. "Divide the source image in tiles and offset each tile in 3D space."
It would be great if the same plugin would work both in FCPX and AE.

Are there others that can do this job in a bigger bundle for a better price point?

Effect 2. If you've seen the intro to A Person of Interest the crowd shot have this 3d depth effect on people. I want to have certain people in live shots be in focus with the backgrounds defocused some. Any company make a plug in for this kind of effect?

Thanks!
Larry

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Need to do 2 effects - is a plugin req'd?
on Mar 13, 2012 at 1:23:11 pm

[Larry Watts] "I need to do two effects and need to know if I need to buy some plugins to do this or perhaps they may be built in to AE."

Both can be done with built-in effects.

[Larry Watts] "Effect 1... "Divide the source image in tiles and offset each tile in 3D space.""

See Card Dance [link].

[Larry Watts] "Effect 2. If you've seen the intro to A Person of Interest the crowd shot have this 3d depth effect on people. I want to have certain people in live shots be in focus with the backgrounds defocused some."

You can isolate your in-focus people through keying or rotoscoping rotoscoping (you may be able to get good results very quickly with Rotobrush [link]), then using any blurring or defocusing effect (ranging from Fast Blur [link] to Camera Lens Blur [link]).

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]