ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects error: (26::35) Layer does not have a source

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Cuevas
After Effects error: (26::35) Layer does not have a source
on Mar 12, 2012 at 1:41:30 pm

I have a project(8 projects actually, that share footage and assets.) and sometimes when I open AE and go to open a project or click on the recent projects it attempts to open, won't finish and that is the error message I get.

Strangely, if I double-click the actual project file, most of the time the project opens AE and opens up without an error. Twice this method hasn't worked, but I've either been able to open up an auto-save project or open up one of the related projects than import the project that doesn't work into that project and then recreate the problem project and save it---then it works.

One other thing, I originally started this project on another machine and had used automatic duck to import some footage. Changed machines, deleted that footage and references and used different footage, but could there still be some hidden reference to it that is causing the problem?

Windows 7
12 GB Ram
CS5 10.0.2.4
Intel(R) Xeon CPU 3.73GHZ(Dual)

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: After Effects error: (26::35) Layer does not have a source
on Mar 13, 2012 at 3:16:13 pm

Does it help if you start a new project, then import the existing troubled project into it?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 13, 2012 at 3:35:10 pm

For 2 days, I couldn't get the file to open without resorting to work-arounds, today I can't get it to fail.

Not a problem with finishing the project or getting it to eventually open, I really more concerned with avoiding this in the future, but with the randomness of the issue, it's extremely hard to diagnose.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 14, 2012 at 8:32:38 pm

So I'm about 99% sure it has to do with the Automatic Duck import I used once when I started this project, but I still can't figure out exactly how.

Today, I was wrapping the main body of the project, saved - closed - and went to reopen and kept getting the same error over and over. Project would not open. Based on my hunch I moved the project back to the original system where the .AAF file was and it opened up. I reduced the project(though I don't see any links/connections to the .AAF file), moved it back to the problem computer and now it opens again.

Anyway-that seems to be a solution if you have automatic duck and are getting the (26:35) error.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]