ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Keyboard shortcut for twirling or twiddling open/close tabs in timeline window???

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Natteau
Keyboard shortcut for twirling or twiddling open/close tabs in timeline window???
on Mar 10, 2012 at 4:18:09 pm

I haven't been able to find the keyboard shortcut for this:

But does a keyboard shortcut exist in AE CS 5 for twirling or twiddling open and closed the tabs in the timeline for each layer. And if not, can one be created, and if so how?

I'd like to have a keyboard shortcut that allows me to instantly close a layer in the timeline. Constantly having to mouse over to do this slows down my workflow and gets quite cumbersome.

Thanks very much in advance.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Keyboard shortcut for twirling or twiddling open/close tabs in timeline window???
on Mar 10, 2012 at 4:23:56 pm

Um, how about the u key? Or the uu key combo? Or the other property keyboard shortcuts? Don't they work for you?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nick Natteau
Re: Keyboard shortcut for twirling or twiddling open/close tabs in timeline window???
on Mar 10, 2012 at 4:44:06 pm

Whoa! Great! Silly me, I didn't realize it was that simple. Thanks Dave!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 10, 2012 at 4:47:15 pm

I know there are a boatload of them, and they way they're organized doesn't always make sense, but Adobe does list every standard keyboard shortcut in AE's online help.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Mar 14, 2012 at 1:59:19 am

Here's the list.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]