ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Exporting image sequence from AE CS5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francis CheeExporting image sequence from AE CS5
by on Mar 9, 2012 at 11:00:21 pm

HI apologies if I didn't see the answer to my question in the FAQ. Previously have been using CS3, importing an image sequence of JPEGs, applying a plugin filter (GBDeflicker) deflickering the sequence and exporting the new adjusted files. Now I have CS5 but for some stupid reason I can not figure out how to do the same thing. The only Export selections I have from the file menu appear to be flash, flash prof and premier pro? Unlike the several selections that appear in CS3.

What stupid thing am i doing?

PS i checked Adobe but could not find my answer either.

MacPro 2.66 OSX 10.6.8 CS5

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Exporting image sequence from AE CS5
by on Mar 10, 2012 at 3:35:52 pm

Here's a simple answer: don't export. Instead, use AE's render queue. You can render an image sequence from there.

A short word about image sequences: watch out for the frame rate! AE defaults as assigning the non-existent frame rate of 30fps to image sequences. You can change the frame rate in the Interpret Footage settings. Pick whatever is appropriate for you:

NTSC video: 29.97
NTSC 720p video: 59.94
NTSC film: 23.976
PAL video: 25
PAL 720p video: 50
Film going to a film-out: 24

You'll want to double check with the person receiving your completed AE work on that last frame rate. The chances are VERY GOOD that it should be 23.976 after all.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Francis CheeRe: Exporting image sequence from AE CS5
by on Mar 10, 2012 at 7:58:30 pm

Hi Dave, great thanks for the quick reply really appreciate that advice

Return to posts index

Nick EsolaRe: Exporting image sequence from AE CS5
by on Sep 25, 2013 at 1:08:40 am

Would you be more specific? Where is the option to render as a jpeg sequence using AE's render Queue? i do not appear to have an option for jpeg sequence, only .mov.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved