ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

rec 709

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lou cannrec 709
by on Mar 9, 2012 at 7:16:21 pm

Can someone please (once & for all) explain to me what color space I should be working in when color grading 5D footage (1920 X 1080 -h264 8 bit)

For example, under the PROJECT SETTING, I can select HDTV Rec 709, Rec 709 16-236, Etc.. I also under VIEW/ can select Simulation

I have also have had the joy of seeing my work in theaters projected with flat, low contrasty, low saturation levels. While seeing beautiful vivid,contrasty colors on any 3 HDTVs in my house.
(Yes I know) no two TVs are the same, but when I see 4 other films in the theater with Bright vivid colors, and mine is kind of crappy looking, I can't help but think I forgot a step or two before outputing to DVD.

So, Should I use the simulation settings & Rec 709 color space while working in AE?

What do most of you guys use when using 5D Footage?

Return to posts index

Angelo LorenzoRe: rec 709
by on Mar 11, 2012 at 4:23:33 am

5DmkII as far as I've seen is sRGB. It should be noted that the shallow difference between Rec 709 and sRGB is how they apply gamma, but all the color primaries are the same. should cover all the rest of a color managed workflow in After Effects.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved