ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Attaching video to 3D objects...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vipati hiteshAttaching video to 3D objects...
by on Mar 8, 2012 at 4:44:54 pm

Hi All,

I have basic knowledge of Maya 2010 and After Effects CS5. I have Maya 2010,After Effects cs5, Cinema 4D R11.5 and Boujou 5 but I have not good knowledge of C4D and Boujou 5....

Now my question is how can I attach videos to 3D object? OK......for example I have created 3D object shown in below image. Now I want to attach some videos to that 3D object and want that videos to rotate with that 3D object.

I know that I can create some 3D object by using layers in AE then precomp that layers and place videos there but I want to create more complex 3D object that can be created only in 3D software like Maya or C4D. So how can I do it? What should be the workflow?

First I will create some 3D objects in Maya or C4D than will import that in AE but after that??? How can I place my videos on that layers. I just want to paste my videos on the 3D object so that if that 3D object rotate that video also rotate on the same angel. Can I use boujou in this pipeline? Please tell me the steps that I should follow and softwares that I should use.

Thanks in advance,

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Attaching video to 3D objects...
by on Mar 12, 2012 at 12:14:11 am

You got an answer here:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved