ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3dsMAX to AE, camera export, 360 degrees rotation PROBLEM !! (maxFX_scene, MAX2AE)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aleksandra Galatea3dsMAX to AE, camera export, 360 degrees rotation PROBLEM !! (maxFX_scene, MAX2AE)
by on Mar 8, 2012 at 12:31:23 pm

Dear community,

I'm relatively new to AE and stuck with a problem and I hope to find help her.
I have build a scene in MAX consisting of a large building complex. the diameter of the area should be something about 400 meters. max units are real world scale.
there is a 360 camera movement from the center spiraling outwards, cam path constraint to helix spline
the length of the animation is 500 frames (24 fps)
I've rendered out the building complex
I do not want to render the surrounding city, hills and terrain and sky. Instead I want to render those objects once, stitch them together, make matte paintings and composite the layers inside of AE for obvious reasons.

Hence, I need to export the MAX scene (Camera, sun light, dummy / null objects) to AE.
I came by this script called "maxFX_scene". It does all those thing. I tried the same thing with boomer labs Max2Ae.
When I go into AE I import the .jsx file/ .bi file and am provided the compositin with camera, light and null objects.
When I then lay inside the previously rendered building complex (bare Image sequence, 500 frames, no precomp) into this very composition I see that the duration of the exported scene and the img sequence don't match.
The bar of the scene export in the time line is way longer than my rendered 500 frames, meaning that my rendered building complex (img sequ, 500 frames) finishes the 360 rotation first and seconds later the scene export reaches the 360.

What is going wrong? What am I missing?

Please help me with this, before my hair turns white...
thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved