ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rolling head - different views within a video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TImi Boose
Rolling head - different views within a video
on Mar 8, 2012 at 12:48:49 am

I am trying to make a video where I get out of bed and my head falls to the floor. Then I want to follow a path thru the house, down the stairs etc. following my head as it rolls thru the house. I took photos of front, sides and back view. I am not really sure what to do now though - it seems like it's going to be a lot of considerable keyframing changing one picture to the other to look like the head is rolling over... Does any one have any advice for me? It doesn't have to be perfect. I'm not going for glossy special effects here. Any help greatly appreciated.

thanks!

File not found - Bad serial number - the problem could be this, that or the other...

Return to posts index

Frank Brown
Re: Rolling head - different views within a video
on Mar 8, 2012 at 10:12:40 am

I didn`t get the main point. You want it looks like 3D, 2D or stop motion?

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Mar 8, 2012 at 3:46:37 pm

I would suggest pre-comping the images of your head in a loopable sequence and render it out as a movie. Then import the movie into your project and set the "interpret footage" option to loop a bunch of times. That way you can just drop that movie into your timeline and animate the position and use time remapping to control the speed of the head rolling. I assume you shot your head on a green screen and are able to key it? How many images of your head did you take BTW?

Return to posts index

TImi Boose
on Mar 8, 2012 at 11:06:31 pm

Thanks Erik! The way you described is exactly what I ended up doing - it looks pretty cheesy but kind of works. I only used four images of my head - front, back and sides - probably would look better if i used more but I really don't have the time.
I did not shoot them on a green screen - I magic wanded the background out of each image in Photoshop.

File not found - Bad serial number - the problem could be this, that or the other...

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Mar 9, 2012 at 12:08:55 am

That's great, glad to hear you got it worked out!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]