ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Premier Pro, After Effects, Color Correction WYSIWYG NOT

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
I.G. Romov
Premier Pro, After Effects, Color Correction WYSIWYG NOT
on Mar 7, 2012 at 4:24:10 pm

Looked all over; surprised not to find any help re: take footage in AE, color correct using Color Finesse getting desired look. Open said footage in Premiere Pro; looks much darker. This bad news gets worse: Adobe Encode out of either PPro or AE and get dark look that PPro shows. Conclusions: 1) PPro "shows" the probable result of color correction and AE telleth the truth not; 2) WYSIWYG just as bad in video world as in print world. Tried both MPEG and H264 Blu Ray encoding with presets as given; no joy. Is this a way to really "know" what you're going to get when you cc with AE? (BTW, set 32 bit, linearize color space; tried both REC 709 and sRGB; footage is 24p 1080 .mts from Panasonic GH-1)

Return to posts index

I.G. Romov
Re: Premier Pro, After Effects, Color Correction WYSIWYG NOT
on Mar 7, 2012 at 7:20:16 pm

Next attempt: use PPro RGB color correction to simply adjust the gamma of the footage to approximate the AE image (turns out had to boost to 1.8). Output exactly the same as in previous Encoder results! Adjusting the gamma had NO effect. Hope someone can shed some light on this as it is a major stumbline block to project completion.

Return to posts index

David Ghast
on Mar 7, 2012 at 11:01:53 pm

english helps

Return to posts index

Jim Arco
on Mar 8, 2012 at 1:34:42 pm

I view the output of AE on a broadcast-grade color monitor and get very consistent results when using AE and Finesse. My output product looks the same as I see on the monitor.

One possibility is that you haven't installed Color Finesse for PPro and so are just bypassing any changes made by Finesse in AE. Another possibility might be that you are viewing the final product on a different monitor than you viewed it when you were correcting it.

We'll need some more information to provide additional help: What are you using to view your footage? When you say you "Open said footage in Premiere Pro; looks much darker" do you mean you render the footage from AE first? Or do you open the AE project from PPro? Have you installed C-F in both AE and in PPro?

Jim
ColorBurst Video

Return to posts index

I.G. Romov
on Mar 8, 2012 at 6:52:19 pm

1. Either do not have or cannot find Color Finesse in PPro; it is in AE. This is a fully purchased & licensed & updated MC 5.5 install. Should it have installed? (There was no separate serial as I have seen some say.)
2. Use same monitor always - HP2475W. Have had both AE and PPro open and can see saCC AE as it should be while PPro import of same is much darker; both on same monitor.
3. Yes, one test case = saCC in AE but dynamic link import .aep into PPRo; no AE render. PPro shows same darker cast as will come out of AME when using AME on that saCC'd AE project.
Possible conclusion: sa needs to be in PPro for AE consistency as you point out and also for use by AME even if .aep brought in. If so, given 1. how to fix? Much thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

I.G. Romov
on Mar 9, 2012 at 3:02:47 am

Directory search shows SA only for AE. Cannot find detailed plugin list for MC 5.5. Have e-mailed SA to find out if supplier of MC 5.5 should also have provided some other serial.

Return to posts index

I.G. Romov
on Mar 9, 2012 at 6:47:47 am

SA does not provide plug in for PPro. Also, task manager showed no use of PPro when using AME with AE. Decided to completely un/re install. Fixed problem!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]