ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

motion background - revolving animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Mortonmotion background - revolving animation
by on Mar 5, 2012 at 5:30:18 pm

Hi AE Pro's

How would i accomplish the following. I would like to film 2 handdrawn cut outs filmed in front of green screen. I would like to have the background moving in motion from left to right on a loop.

The cutouts are supposed to be running. The background is moving linearly behind them to simulate them running.

I could make a giant comp and keyframe image left to right. However, i am assuming their is another way to accomplish this. The image in the background can repeat itself. Want a motion animated park scene.

Thanks Sean

p.s. if you are aware of a video tut that accomplishes this that would be great.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: motion background - revolving animation
by on Mar 5, 2012 at 7:06:36 pm

You need to create a loop for your bk animation. If all you want is the same image repeating, you can create in PSD a plate that is wider than the comp size and that has edges that match perfectly. Bring that in AE, animate in the direction you need, until you reach the edge of the image. Render all frames minus the last one, import the render and Interpret footage to loop as many times as you need.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Sean MortonRe: motion background - revolving animation
by on Mar 5, 2012 at 7:48:45 pm

So let me get this straight. You would suggest. a comp of say 1280 x 720.
i would make my picture 1280 x 10,000. I would keyframe left to right with matching left and right margins on the outer edges of picture and then duplicate again.

I sort of assumed this but it seemed ridiculously large an image in background.

Is that correct??

Sean

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: motion background - revolving animation
by on Mar 5, 2012 at 8:16:36 pm

It depends on the kind of background you want- if it's just trees and bushes, green grass and sky, all you need is 2500x720 (to animate in a 1280x720 comp for example).

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]