ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects - Placing multiple video clips into composition so they play in order.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott AndersonAfter Effects - Placing multiple video clips into composition so they play in order.
by on Mar 4, 2012 at 8:25:38 pm

In After Effects 5.5 Mac, I'd like to place a set of video clips into my composition. Normally, they all are placed at the same starting point. I would like to select all the clips in the project folder and place them in the composition so they run in order. I.E. clip one starts and when it stops, the 2nd clip starts at that end point. I have a bunch and I may or may not edit them individually in the composition but if this is possible, I may save a bit of time. Thanks in advance. Scott

Scott Anderson

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: After Effects - Placing multiple video clips into composition so they play in order.
by on Mar 5, 2012 at 1:28:51 am

You being by selecting your clips in the Project Panel, in the order that you want them to appear in the Timeline. Then drag the selected clips onto the Create New Comp icon at the bottom of the Project Panel.

You will be prompted with a dialog window. Ensure that Sequence Layers checkbox is enabled. Disregard the Overlap settings.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Scott AndersonRe: After Effects - Placing multiple video clips into composition so they play in order.
by on Mar 5, 2012 at 1:47:02 am

RoRK, Many Thanks. Should save a lot of time with this. Cheers. Scott

Scott Anderson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]