ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

can not find font that AE sees fine

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sam dewittcan not find font that AE sees fine
by on Mar 2, 2012 at 12:33:21 am

I have a project that is using News Gothic standard. All my adobe apps see this font fine.

When I move this project onto any of my other systems they all say that the font is missing. I have searched everywhere on the machine that "has" the font, but can not find it (not in user/library/fonts, or in library/fonts. or anywhere).

Is there a way to get an Adobe app to tell me where it is finding a font that it is using on my system?

I have searched for every variation of the font name I can think of.

I hope that is clear, this is driving me nuts.

Thanks

Sam

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: can not find font that AE sees fine
by on Mar 2, 2012 at 1:17:58 am

See this page for font locations:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS3878526689cb91655866c11...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

sam dewittRe: can not find font that AE sees fine
by on Mar 2, 2012 at 1:26:38 am

Believe me, I have searched EVERYWHERE for this font. I know where they should be.

I suspect that the actual font on my drive may have a cryptic name that is not "newsGothStd" or some derivation of that.

I do not have a ton of fonts on my system though, and I have looked through all the directories where fonts live and can not find this sucker. That is why I was wondering if there is a way in AE, or AI, or PS to have the program answer the question "where the hell are you finding this font"?

Thanks

Sam

Return to posts index

by on Mar 2, 2012 at 1:34:43 am

Actually, I stand corrected.

I had not looked in the "Adobe/fonts" directory.

You saved my bacon, thanks so much.

I guess spotlight does not look in that directory? Because they were named pretty typically, yet all my searches never found them

Thanks so much for your time.

Sam

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: can not find font that AE sees fine
by on Mar 2, 2012 at 2:00:09 pm

The easiest way to find an installed font file on a Mac is through Font Book (located in your Applications folder on a standard install).

Open Font Book, browse or search for your typeface, then right-click it and choose Reveal in Finder.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

by on Mar 2, 2012 at 2:11:04 pm

Thanks

Of course I had tried that first, but Fontbook does not, from what I can tell, actually see this font on my system at all at all.

Believe me this is where the hair pulling started.

I can show you a screenshot of what Fontbook shows when I search for News Gothic, and it does not include the "standard" version, which is what my AE project was using.

Since Adobe hides fonts in it's own special place perhaps Fontbook does not look there?

Sam

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: can not find font that AE sees fine
by on Mar 2, 2012 at 2:14:42 pm

[sam dewitt] "I can show you a screenshot of what Fontbook shows when I search for News Gothic, and it does not include the "standard" version, which is what my AE project was using. Since Adobe hides fonts in it's own special place perhaps Fontbook does not look there?"

Hmm -- I wonder if the Adobe apps load these fonts themselves, outside of operating system?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]