ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

rendering failure

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stan Weiss
rendering failure
on Mar 1, 2012 at 8:26:21 pm

I am working on an AE CS4 project with a windows machine that contains a pro animator effect and overlayed above that effect are several video clips from various sources...

the video clips i am using comes from iphones, point and shoot digicams and from mini DV tapes...all have different frame rates.

my problem is that i keep getting render failures and on top of that
i cannot find the error log...usually the location of the error log is listed but in my case it is not...

thanks for any info that may help!!
Stan

Return to posts index

Stan Weiss
Re: rendering failure
on Mar 1, 2012 at 8:52:33 pm

one more thing of note...
when i try to render it starts off normally and then at a random point as i am watching it render, some of the videos go black..and then soon after the render fails...

my background is OK. the pro animator layer is OK, but some of the various video clips..the iphone clips..go black!!
not sure what to do!!??

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
on Mar 1, 2012 at 9:00:16 pm

I'm going to quote Mr. LaRonde:

Dave's Stock Answer #1:

If the footage you imported into AE is any kind of the following -- footage in an HDV acquisition codec, MPEG1, MPEG2, AVCHD, mp4, mts, m2t, H.261 or H.264 -- you need to convert it to a different codec.

These kinds of footage use temporal, or interframe compression. They have keyframes at regular intervals, containing complete frame information. However, the frames in between do NOT have complete information. Interframe codecs toss out duplicated information.

In order to maintain peak rendering efficiency, AE needs complete information for each and every frame. But because these kinds of footage contain only partial information, AE freaks out, resulting in a wide variety of problems.

Return to posts index

Stan Weiss
on Mar 1, 2012 at 9:07:43 pm

the files that i am having the problem with seem to be .mov files imported from an iphone...do u think i could convert these to .avi files in AE..or do i need to use media encoder or another program?

and..does it make a difference if my clips are at different frame rates?
thanks so much!!
Stan

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
on Mar 2, 2012 at 2:20:35 am

.mov is a container not a compressions type. If your footage is anything but whole frames (either progressive or interlaced) then you'll have issues in After Effects.

Use Adobe Media Encoder or some other software to convert the files to suitable format.

Return to posts index

Stan Weiss
on Mar 2, 2012 at 3:09:55 pm

thanks for your help..i converted all the files into .avi files and all works great..thanks
Stan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]