ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3d enabled layers/comps are missing only in final render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitchell Morgan
3d enabled layers/comps are missing only in final render
on Feb 29, 2012 at 2:58:56 pm

Ive been trying to figure out this problem for 2 full days so far and I can't seem to figure it out. I have some text layers in 3d space which I'm using Sure Target with a camera, etc. I have it all set up. The RAM preview looks great, but when I render it out in the render queue the 3d layers/comps (which are just text) do not show up, or i see glitchy segments of the text. Has anyone had this problem, or does anyone have any ideas I could try to fix this?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: 3d enabled layers/comps are missing only in final render
on Feb 29, 2012 at 5:02:42 pm

Here's the most common cause for that particular kind of render weirdness: you're using Open GL to accelerate rendering in AE.

Do not use it.

Adobe employees don't use Open GL acceleration for rendering. You shouldn't, either. If it's on, turn it off and leave it off. Open GL simply doesn't work well in AE, no matter what kind of hot card you have in your machine.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Feb 29, 2012 at 5:09:19 pm

another thing that can sometimes happen when working in 3d in ae, is that the preview is set to a view other than the comp camera (like front or left), but the render use the comp camera view and produces a different view, but only for the 3d layers.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Mitchell Morgan
on Feb 29, 2012 at 5:46:02 pm

yeah, i have heard of issues with being in the wrong view as well.. I only have one camera in my project, and my "3d View Popup" is set to active camera. This should be the correct view, right? Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Mitchell Morgan
on Feb 29, 2012 at 5:34:53 pm

thank you. I just double checked my render setting and i can confirm that I have been leaving the enable open GL check box UNchecked. Do you have any other ideas? I really appreciate your help.

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Feb 29, 2012 at 6:44:53 pm

Do you have any layer styles applied to the text? If so, delete them (don't just turn them off) and see if the problem is still there. Layer styles can cause all kinds of weird glitches with 3D animations.

Return to posts index

Mitchell Morgan
on Mar 1, 2012 at 3:31:12 pm

thanks for your help guys.. I figured it out somehow. I guess I had unnecessary comps. I had a comp that the only layer in there was another comp which had my camera and stuff in. So when i rendered from the first/initial comp it just got confused. So, I just pulled my layers out and moved them up a comp level (if that makes since). Then i just reapplied the sure target plugin and then it worked fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]