ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Enabling a clip removes sound?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew AustinEnabling a clip removes sound?
by on Feb 29, 2012 at 2:44:59 am

Hi there,

I'm working in AE CS5, and have just imported a Premiere Pro project containing a couple dozen clips. All of my footage is in .mts, while the background music/sound effects are mp3/mp4. When I RAM preview the clip, the sound from all of the .mts clips refuses to play; only the background music is audible. The problem persists unless I disable the audio on a single, seemingly random MTS clip, with no effects applied to it. When this clip is disabled, everything plays as it should. When it is enabled, the problem returns. I have tried replacing the instance of this clip that was imported with its raw counterpart off my camera, but this didn't help. The issue also persists when the offending clip is precomposed separately and reinserted. I have encountered this problem before under different circumstances (audio on one clip was removed if a reverb effect was enabled on an unrelated clip) and have never been able to find a solution despite extensive googling. Any ideas?

Btw my system specs are:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad
GPU: NVidia GeForce 8800 GT

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post--I wanted to be as thorough as possible :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved