ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Using Color Finesse with Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tim vanbrackleUsing Color Finesse with Premiere Pro
by on Feb 29, 2012 at 1:17:36 am

I need your expertise once again. I think i'm missing a basic concept.

I have a huge time line in Premiere and I want to use color finesse to grade it.

I don't want to use dynamic link or import the time line into AE because i don't want it to change all my clips into after effects projects. I was hoping not to work from a copy because of the sheer size. My computer runs extremely extremely slow. I have to show it to a client and there are a number of day for night shots etc and i want them to see what the result will be like when i finish.

Is there a way to just create a grade or "preset" to lay above/over the clips in premiere that i can turn off and on when i want to see the final grade.

Am i missing something simple?

Please Help and as always thanks!

Return to posts index

Jim ArcoRe: Using Color Finesse with Premiere Pro
by on Feb 29, 2012 at 12:34:16 pm

Tim,

I don't know of any way to have an 'adjustment layer' in PPro. (I think that it would be very useful.) However, you can imbed your current sequence into another sequence, where it will show up as one long scene. Any effects you apply there will impact the whole timeline/scene.

OR you can open the Premiere Project in AE, where your clips will show up as separate layers. You can add an adjustment layer above the entire comp and do any global correction/grading there.

I understand that you prefer not to use Dynamic Link because of the speed of your computer. However, you might not be aware that you can select ALL of your clips in the PPro timeline and right-click 'replace with AE comp.' Your clips will show up as separate layers in AE, but you can add an adjustment layer above the entire comp and do any global correction/grading there.

Some of the folks on the Premiere Pro forum may be able to help more, although I suspect most of us read both forums.

Jim
ColorBurst Video

Return to posts index

tim vanbrackleRe: Using Color Finesse with Premiere Pro
by on Mar 1, 2012 at 3:09:19 am

I know an adjustment layer is what i was going for just to pull i grade i create in color finesse over to premiere so i can just apply it and remove it.. seems like a no brainer. Someone is probably working on it thanks for the info!

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Using Color Finesse with Premiere Pro
by on Feb 29, 2012 at 12:50:19 pm

If you want to grade a whole timeline you should probably try out the free Resolve lite.

Return to posts index

Gabriel MeonoRe: Using Color Finesse with Premiere Pro
by on Sep 13, 2012 at 4:52:21 am

Hi, there's an updated version of Color Finesse that works with Premiere, check my video tutorial:

Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]