ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Morphing between layers of video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan SerenoMorphing between layers of video
by on Feb 28, 2012 at 11:35:40 pm

I've built a rig which holds 2 camera's side by side to film simultaneously. I want to alternate every frame or two between the 2 sets of footage. I have done this by key framing the opacity of the top layer, but this is giving me a very jerky effect. This is why I want to add the morphing in.
This is a music video in which the effect is used

To do the morphing between the 2 layers, I think I have to increase the frame rate so that there are available frames for the morphing to happen in the same amount of time. Or I could keep the frame rate and the morphing in between frames will just slow the video content. I don't have a preference between the two methods but I think the slowing of the video would give a good effect.

My question is, how do I morph between 2 frames on separate layers, and back again to give the alternating effect?

Return to posts index

Angelo LorenzoRe: Morphing between layers of video
by on Feb 29, 2012 at 12:42:49 am

My first thought, without resorting to awkward tricks would be to look into GenArts Sapphire and some of their available transition plugins. They are transitions for after effects that will morph between two target layers.

Return to posts index

Ryan SerenoRe: Morphing between layers of video
by on Feb 29, 2012 at 12:51:39 am

Thanks, but I don't want to have to buy an add on or plugin. This is just a low budget project I'm working on.
I'm trying to figure out if there's a way I could use pixel motion in frame blending.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Morphing between layers of video
by on Feb 29, 2012 at 3:37:47 am

Render out your existing strobed version, then re-import it and retime with pixel motion.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Ryan SerenoRe: Morphing between layers of video
by on Feb 29, 2012 at 11:41:02 pm

That's actually the effect I was looking for. I don't know why I didn't think of that myself
thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]