ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

rd_MasksToShapes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sumeet khurana
rd_MasksToShapes
on Feb 27, 2012 at 6:30:44 am

Hi
I am using Adobe After effects Cs3. I have installed "rd_MasksToShapes" to the 'script folder' in my 'After Effects folder'.
But whenever I run this script on my text layer by going to File> scripts> rd_MasksToShapes,
it shows following error:-

Cannot perform operation. please select a single layer containing at least one mask and try again.

I converted my text layer to outlines before applying script,

Please help!

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: rd_MasksToShapes
on Feb 27, 2012 at 7:52:28 am

Are there any masks on the layer that you're applying the script to? Please show a screenshot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Feb 27, 2012 at 5:10:46 pm

"I converted my text layer to outlines before applying script,"

That's an Illustrator term, so are you working with an Illustrator file or a text layer in AE that you used Layer>Create Masks from Text to convert it to mask shapes? That script only works on layers that have masks applied.

Return to posts index

sumeet khurana
on Feb 29, 2012 at 1:04:57 am

Thanks Todd Kopriva for replying and thanks Erik Waluska for throwing light on the issue....yes I am an Illustrator user also and I did'nt realise that 'create outlines' doesnt change text to masks in Adobe After effects...It only creates paths on text to edit in both applications..Thank you so much....I converted my AE text layer to masks and successfully ran the script.

Before what I was doing on my AE text layer was Layer> create outlines and then running my script on that particular layer.A big error.

Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Feb 29, 2012 at 3:36:32 pm

You're welcome. Glad you got it worked out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]