ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

technique / plugin for abstract image transition?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kit webster
technique / plugin for abstract image transition?
on Feb 27, 2012 at 4:33:25 am

Hi have been asked to make a 3 minute transition between two photographs, a baby and an old person. The video will be played back during a musical performance.

What they want is during the photo transition, when the two photos become mixed it starts to create an abstract image, almost like an abstract morphing painting, so I am currently looking for a method to 'mash' these two images together into a gradual transition.

Just wondering if anyone can suggest any plugins / techniques from the top of their head that I should check out for this kind of thing?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: technique / plugin for abstract image transition?
on Feb 27, 2012 at 5:49:34 am

A 3-minute transition??? Check out Chris Zwar's COW tutorial on morphing with AE - you may also want to take a look at the Gradient Wipe effect.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

kit webster
on Feb 27, 2012 at 6:01:10 am

im really looking for some technique or plug where sections and tears of both images will get displaced and mished and mashed, so half way through all you are seeing is an indistinguishable strange abstract scattered soup of the two images. I bit like an abstract contemporary painting. The closest reference I can think of would be the dvd corruption effect where the pixels get transfered across the different scenes. But not sure if this can be used with images... Any suggestions would be great!

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Feb 28, 2012 at 1:50:28 am

Displacement Map should help as well as Turbulent Displace.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]